Hello Amazing Members this week's "Life Hack" is out, click BLOG (above on the green menu bar) to check it out!!!! **"Blink, and another week is gone!"** HINT: when you click https://www.supportgroups.com/blog/everything-is-going-be-okay, make sure to click READ MORE to see the full article. -SG

It's been almost a year since I've found out.. I never got

[175]

It's been almost a year since I've found out.. I never got the flu like symptoms. All my life I've had to be careful w what my skin is in contact with bc it's sensitive. And one day, over two years ago I had a couple of litter bumps.. The Dr said that is looks like razor burn that was worse bc my skin had a bad reaction to the razors I used. I told her that I've been using the same ones as always but she explained that my skin can change and develop allergic reactions to new things. Just in case I asked to be tested.. Negative. And as a fairly paranoid person, I had gotten tested several times over the next few months, bc like I said my skin has always been sensitive all my life.. and every time it had been negative. Finally, I went to the Dr and told them something is off. It's not my razors. And then it happened.. Ms. Doe, you've tested positive for HSV 1.. Now I need to find a way to tell the man that I love and have been w for 11 months that I an STD.. Long story short.. We are still together. He loves me and I take medicine every day and I am careful whenever I have or even THINK that I'm getting an outbreak, to keep the ones that I love safe. 98% of the time I live life like normal.. But the other 2% of the time.. It isn't all sunshine and rainbows, not bc of him.. It's hard for me to see why this amazing guy would want me.. I feel damaged and dirty. This is what's brought me here.. IDK how to not detest myself for what was done to me.. I seem to be the only one who can't move past it. Someone, anyone.. Please give me advice.

show more ⇓
Comment
 6
View 3 More Comments
[1195]
Jan 12

Perhaps you need to work on yourself more. Leave yourself notes, read empowering quotes. Do what you have to to love yourself. He doesnt deserve better you just havent delt with your truth yet. You have herpes. Forever. The soon you accept that and forgive yourself the better off youll be. I have herpes but you can bet there is noone out there better for my boyfriend than me. Period

Reply
[175]
Jan 12

Thank you @iyanarenee that's a really good idea. And I think you're right. I don't think I've truly accepted it.

Reply
[1195]
Jan 12

Acceptance leads to empowerment and freedom hun!

Reply

Login or Register

You are visiting Support Groups as an anonymous user.

Please consider joining our community and gain access to additional features by

registering or logging into your account